Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We had water damage from a sprinkler feeder pipe owned by…

Customer Question
We had water damage...

We had water damage from a sprinkler feeder pipe owned by the HOA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

ORANGE COUNTY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

My problem is with the tenant who will not give us access to replace the kitchen and other repairs. She did not pay rent but when served with a 3 day notice she paid. Leaving us with the same access problem despite 24 hour notice. Can I serve her with a 60 day notice to quit ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. We halved her rent of $3050 from the time of the accident. HOA did the water remediation etc. but we have to redo the kitchen ourselves. The incident happened on 9/19/2017. How can we get access to our property

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

As a landlord, you have a right to reasonable access to do repairs. Is this tenant a month to month tenant or does the tenant have a lease?