Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My husband died an has a home with someone else name on it…

Customer Question
My husband died an...

My husband died an has a home with someone else name on it also but they was not married who has the right to the home

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Say I filed a copy of his death ceritfty into court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has 6 children and the person who lives in the home is married to someone else they was not married when to home was purchase but her name is ***** ***** the warrenty deed as his wife but I am his only wife what can be done

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

Does the deed say the owners hold title to the property as "joint tenants"?

No it has Alfred K Watkins and Sadie M Watkins his wife but was never married

So, there is no right of survivorship? They owned the property as tenants in common?

Do you live in the home?

no about my phone call

Do you live in the home?

Are you still online with me?