Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I lived in Miami Florida and rented a condo and paid first,

Customer Question
I lived in Miami...

I lived in Miami Florida and rented a condo and paid first, last and security. The apartment hand many issues..... commodes not flushing correctly, microwave in the kitchen not working, freezer seal broke and freezer would frost, dryer not working and would only dry on a short cycle periodically,rain shower head only worked half, dishwasher had broken parts on the trays, etc, I have all my communications to the landlord and his assistant. NOT once did they do anything about the repairs. This condo was $6,000.00 per month. I paid 6,000 first, $6,000 for Last & $6,000 for Security deposit. I met with the owners assistant and she assured me my security deposit would be returned. Well that was back in August. I have yet seen a dime of my security deposit. What are my rights? Please help!!! Thank You!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

The condo was spotless when I moved out. I have even gone to the extent to ad glass shelves in the vanities in the guest bathroom and had a custom pannel built for the breaker box that was in the middle of the hall wall.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No I dont know who to contact. Can you recommend someone?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I like to know my rights.... This man has broken the law

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RealEstateAnswer
Good morning. I responded on the other open question which you have and posted my answer there for your review.