WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

The realestate property managing group are not paying rent

Customer Question

The realestate property managing group are not paying rent they collect to us the owners since we bought out the other part owners over 2 months . We received no communication until we rang them We supplied info they requested still no payment but sent new contract I contacted another firm and was informed the original contract is still in force I asked what was needed to resolve the problem and can get no response still no money
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have emailed and phoned property manager I have been trying to find out if they can refuse to pay the money I don't understand why we need s new contract if the existing one is in place and if it isn't why we can't appoint a new management
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer:*****JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: findon SA management group LJHooker West Lakes
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

The property manager is collecting the rent and holding it in trust for you as the landlord.

The property manager has a fiduciary duty to you to safeguard the money and turn it over to you upon requst.

Since they have failed to do so, they have breached their fiduciary duty and you can sue them for damages.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.