Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The realestate property managing group are not paying rent…

Customer Question
The realestate property managing...

The realestate property managing group are not paying rent they collect to us the owners since we bought out the other part owners over 2 months . We received no communication until we rang them We supplied info they requested still no payment but sent new contract I contacted another firm and was informed the original contract is still in force I asked what was needed to resolve the problem and can get no response still no money

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have emailed and phoned property manager I have been trying to find out if they can refuse to pay the money I don't understand why we need s new contract if the existing one is in place and if it isn't why we can't appoint a new management

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Customer:*****

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Findon SA management group LJHooker West Lakes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

The property manager is collecting the rent and holding it in trust for you as the landlord.

The property manager has a fiduciary duty to you to safeguard the money and turn it over to you upon requst.

Since they have failed to do so, they have breached their fiduciary duty and you can sue them for damages.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.