Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Broken lease situation....I rented room and helped by

Customer Question
Broken lease situation....I rented...

Broken lease situation....I rented room and helped by signing the lease because his credit was no good....he decided to move out cause got DUI and CDL taken from him so his job and pay decreased....he is a distant relative.....lease buy out was i think 3200 plus he wrote them a bad check for Aug and Sep was due when we moved out...no eviction we moved before that would have happened.....should I go to a RealEstate lawyer....he is on unemployment....I Q Data has already called me and they are a terrible collection agency.....I told the guy I could not talk to him and he said who told you that....then he said; I will take that as a refusal to pay...I asked him not to put words in my mouth, that as soon as I had council we would call them.....I would like to just take the apt place to civil court and resolve it and try to get out of I Q Data and their commission also. What to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Arlington, WA 98271

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Such as

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a story behind this the day the lease was signed and a few other things....I have a paper that I signed with Ryan that says how much rent I payed and I have all the receipts. They knew it also and when I signed the lease I was on unemployment at 161.oo per month.....she said to Ryan on that day I can just put her on your lease.....he was standing behind me and making faces or hand jestures and she just looked down and then handed me the lease to sign. They knew I was only renting a room and that Ryan needed me to back him up because of credit.....he had just sold his house and there was no place to live available(Jan 2017) and a couple he inquired would not approve his credit....he insisted he wanted to live there so I said ok but I can only pay you 475.00...so we agreed then he got messed up with his job stuff because of the DUI and CDL(sugar in urine)diabetes.....I Q Data is like a vipor and they make you very upset....I think they have already put something on my credit because it went from 645 to 619 after I talked to the guy.....there is more to this story...Ryan is a distant relative of mine.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. So you want to sue the company? If so, why?

Tina, Lawyer