Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am part of a group that is interested in recalling the…

Customer Question
I am part of...

I am part of a group that is interested in recalling the current Board of Directors in our community of 167 homes. One of our group seems to think that we need only 5% of the residents to sign a petition to force a recall vote. Does that seem right, or what?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We have a short statement referencing Section7510(e( of the California Corporations Code. But does Sterling Davis provide the correct guidelines that we should be following?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

Informally, that is where we got the reference to Section 7510.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, this is an informal inquiry at this point.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Are you asking the process to start a recall election under CA law?