Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can you back out of a real estate contract before close?

Customer Question
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Unless you have a legal reason or contractual right, you would be in breach and subject to liability for that.

What kind of liability?

Are you the buyer or seller?