Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have qa question regarding the sale of my home. Florida.

Customer Question
I have qa question...

I have qa question regarding the sale of my home

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not at this time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
During the building of our new home. A portion of land which is in a protective area was damage. The county issued a violation which outline corrective action. All steps to restore land has been completed and now we are in a 2 to 3 yrs waiting period allowing for plants to regrow. If I would sale property prior to the end of waiting period - what steps can I take to clear buyer. I have been told that I may have to provide an escrow account to cover any cost of replanting due to dead plants or other cost until area has mature. I have attached violation
11/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Basically you would have to establish an escrow account with enough reserve funds placed into to to cover the cost of anything that would be necessary to ensure that you remain in compliance with the corrective action already taken. The might mean having horticulture or gardening services out to maintain the plant life to ensure it was flourishing or removing and replacing flowerings that died or didn't respond well..

.

As for how that would be calculated, I have no idea, but it would require you to talk to the enforcement agency to negotiate an amount that you would either have to set aside as escrow or perhaps purchase a bond that would cover the cost if action was needed.

.

Any buyer would take the property subject to those restrictions, but would have the bond or escrow amounts to use towards any necessary corrective action. If none is needed, then that money could be refunded to you once the time has elapsed.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much