Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We inherited 85 acres of farm land. We are selling 80 acres…

Customer Question
We inherited 85 acres...

We inherited 85 acres of farm land. We are selling 80 acres and keeping 5 acres and the house. we need to know what the capital gains tax includes. we have kept the land mowed and planted christmas trees, put gravel on the path way between forties, and kept fallen trees cut. we also have used some natural soil improvements.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes northern Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We haven't signed the final papers yet. the offer was exactly the asking price

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does the house and 5 acres count on any capital gains tax reduction

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking how capitol gains are calculated?