Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in a hoa for 40 years.I paid for a premium lot for a…

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a hoa for 40 years.I paid for a premium lot for a view.of the big mt.there are 2units on the side with no views. hoa wants to put a tree to block my view and lower my property value between $25,000.00 to 30,000. .I noticed in the sales that Mt view is the 1st thing mentioned

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I TAlked to the president of club .and manager.they told me to go to president of Hoa. ,I see in the ccrs they want a written notice for a appt with the board,which I willl do, plus I have at least 50 for sale notices from Sunday real estate sections showing all the for sale with Mt. views

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MT lawyer about this?

No what is a Mt Lawyer, IM 82 and retired there is a $ problem for me .My friend wants me to pay a attorney $150.00 =$300. to write a letter that after 40 years no tree and it will lower value of my property and my injoyment that I paid a premium for 40 years ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thankyou!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have any rightd I live in california and we have the sterling act. but I reasearched and in 2005 There was act Just and fair Interpetation of provence they ruled the peaple had lost value by sevral thousand$ and the enjoyment of the condo they bought and lived in in the court of appeals

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience. This appears to be a breach of contract if it is listed that you are entitled to an easement where you can get a mountain view. You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter, advising that you have a right to the mountain views and if they do not do this, you'll file a breach of contact claim. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. What other questions did you have for me?