Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Barriste Here the events: my friend create a irrevocable…

Customer Question
Barriste Here the events: my friend create...
Barriste
Here the events:
my friend create a irrevocable trust but not deed the real estate to the trust. it's is just trust
6 months later, he accidentally signed a deed that gave the real estate to his toddler and recorded
the questions: if the trusted that was created before the deed but recorded after the deed will invalid the deed
must the trust be recorded before the deed and must there be an addition al deed "that transfer the real estate to the trust"
and will this call "living trust" or you an name the trust anythingmost important, must grantor also have to deed the real estate to the trust or the trust itself is sufficient for the trustee to hold authorityas though the irrevocable trust and deeed created before but recorded after the second deed caused any issue because beneficiary of the trust is different from beneficiary of the 2nd deed
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 2 days by:
11/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Good morning YOU ASKED: if the trusted that was created before the deed but recorded after the deed will invalid the deed. ANSWER: NO!! The deed conveying the property to the toddler will not be affected by the trust, because the trust never acquired title to the property. The recorded deed to the toddler is a major mistake. One of the worst things you can do with real estate is to put it in the name of a minor child, especially a toddler. Your friend will have a substantial legal problem trying to get it undone. None of the methods that you have suggested will work. I suggest that your friend get to a real estate lawyer as soon as possible. He should certainly not try to undo what he did by recording more deeds and/or the trust itself. I might be able to offer you a phone call consultation later, if you wish. There is an additional charge for that of $59.00

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? If not, please don't forget to enter a rating (hopefully ‘Five Star’) by clicking one of the boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer