Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm trying to find out about turning someone's power and…

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out about turning someone's power and heat off on November 2 2017 here in GREAT Falls Montana!!! The individual had to go to a friend's place and later got sick has been sick until now or still is sick I have not got to talk to them today!!! They have also missed school this week I understand!!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes my statement says Great Falls Montana did you not read the statement or did it not all go through!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No paper work!!! The utility company SHUT the power off!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all !!! I'd like to know if the individual can sue this company for millions of dollars, for pain and suffering and causing them to get sick!!!

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Very sorry. If I understand you correctly, your friend got sick and his power was shut off, presumably because he couldn't pay the bill. Is that right?