Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can an HOA force me as a property owner to change the color…

Customer Question
Can an HOA force...

Can an HOA force me as a property owner to change the color of exterior paint because the colors were not approved by the 3 member architectural committee? The paint color in question is a light yellow which is on many other homes in my HOA. They are threatening fines for non compliance. Once I realized I had to get approval I sent in the application which was then denied by the committee. What are my rights? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The application is the only thing filed with the management company representing my HOA

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/9/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Do you know why it was denied? Is there a book of approved colors/paints, for a homeowner to choose from? I ask because I know with my HOA there are only specific colors which can be selected?

No there are no book of approved colors/paints all I've been told is that it was denied.
why has my bank been charged $42?

Thank you an please allow me a moment to respond. There is a fee for the site and the $5 is a deposit. If you have questions, please contact customer service.