Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I just had someone bring me an investment opportunity. My…

Customer Question
I just had someone...

I just had someone bring me an investment opportunity. My good friend's wife grandparent is 91 and has dementia. They are looking to quickly sell a 4 bedroom apartment building. Here is the kicker- it's in San JuanPuerto Rico. If I have a Virginia contract will hold up in PR?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that its a Four Flex apartment building not four bedroom

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/9/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

No you need Puerto Rico lawyer or realtor to provide a real estate contract for you to sign.A VA contract would not be legal there.

Lawyers by rental

https://www.lawyers.com/real-estate/puerto-rico/find-law-firms-by-city/

Congrats on the deal but you will need Puerto Rico lawyer to be valid.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.