Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Because of water in my apartment every time it rains, my…

Customer Question
Second opinion] because of water...
Second opinion] because of water in my apartment every time it rains, my landlord is letting me out of lease; however, before he returns my security deposit and 2 weeks rent that was prepaid to him, he wants me to sign a Surrender of Lease, Waiver, and Release, and Covenant Not To SueJA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: Florida - Volusia CountyJA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?Customer: My end was keep everything clean and report any issues to him, which I did. Roof started leaking in July and was exacerbated by Hurricane Irma and every time it rains it floods my kitchen and part of my carpetJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I have pictures.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

What is your legal question I can help with today?

.

Do you have any personal property damages?

.

.

thanks