Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We signed a mortgage agreement yesterday and today finally

HI! We signed a...
HI! We signed a mortgage agreement yesterday and today finally realized this house is too small. How does the right of Rescission work in Colorado? Is there a form? If so, where do I get it? tnx
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Nothing beyond the realtors forms that we signed
JA: Have you talked to a CO lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
11/7/2017
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you talking about a house purchase or a refinance?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Barrister - house purchase
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't talk on the phone now - could we schedule something for tomorrow morning?

Ok, then unfortunately, there is no right of rescission in a house purchase unless the contract specifically says it.. The 3 day right of rescission only applies to refinances..

.

So you are kind of stuck here unless you wanted to back out and breach the contract, but you would likely lose any earnest money and run the risk of getting sued...

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Barrister, Lawyer