Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a mobile home that was altered by the previous owner…

Hello I own a...

Hello I own a mobile home that was altered by the previous owner and now the city want to fine me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

City of homestead state florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are 4 individual units now divided by walls

11/2/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Florida law, you cannot be penalized for alterations done by the previous owner. The city of Homestead may be able to order you to bring the mobile home into compliance, but they cannot collect a fine from you since you did not do the wrongful work.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
thank you so much, but what happens if I don't have the money to bring it to compliance ? they said that in 30 days they can start a daily fine to me and the park owner as well ...
also please see attached file that is the letter from them