Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Are you a Georgia real estate attorney, georgia, yes

Good afternoon are...

Good afternoon are you a Georgia real estate attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes purchasing agreement signed by both parties

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I ask the name as we are probably gonna end up in court and I am filing complaint against agent

10/29/2017

Thank you for your question. Give me a moment to reply with the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

We cannot represent anyone from this site, if you need a local attorney for representation, you would need to get one from the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org

I just wanted to make sure that the attorney was not theirs that answered

If you have a question we are happy to answer, but we cannot represent anyone from this site nor can we make personal referrals to any attorneys. We provide only information to customers.

I am seller agent was my listing agent. binding purchase agreement legal description inaccurate its the deedbook and page numbers all run together , agent was told I would not sell place for xx $$ but would sell 1/2 of it for xx $$ next day offer but was for full acreage but for price of 1/2 of ac I sined believing agent I want out is it enough that legal description is inaccurate will that save me I am in breach of contract we termiate listing with agent and I have a civil attorney who believes it is enough we are also fileing a grievence against her with real estate commission I have everything in writing
does the legal description have to be perfect?
did u get my question does the legal discripition in a binding purchasing agreement have to be perfect we are experiencing internet issues today tks
real estate

Thank you for your reply. I am here give me some time as I type your reply.

In order to have a binding real estate agreement, the agreement must properly describe the property that is being sold. If the property description is incorrect that is one basis to void the contract. Secondly, if your agent exceeded their authority, since you have everything in writing that says you would sell 1/2 of property for X amount and the agent exceeded that authority, the agent can be liable for exceeding the scope of the agency you gave them. So, based on what you are saying, if the writings support you, then your attorney is correct that the incorrect property description together with the agent's improper actions would be grounds to put the liability on the agent and not you for breaching the contract.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.