Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a manufactured home owner and have a question to

I am a manufactured...

I am a manufactured home owner and have a question to landscaping limitations

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No. A neighbor used a step ladder to display figurine's in her garden and park owner wants it removed because he doesn't like it4. All of the neighbors love it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/28/2017
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

What is your legal question I can help with tonight?

.

Are there any park rules that would prohibit what the neighbor is doing?

.

.

thanks

The park has a general rule that you need to provide request to Home owners association, but they do not abide by that rule and most people do what they feel is adequate. To submit each landscaping action would overwhelm the two people that work for the association on site. I believe the concept reasonable cause would call the landowners' action wrong.

If there is an actual rule that a request must be submitted and granted, then legally they could pursue action if a resident didn't follow the rules.

.

However, if the owner wanted to try and enforce the rules now, the person could claim that this was "selective enforcement" and therefore illegal discrimination. In order for the rules to apply, they have to apply to everyone evenly..

.

But that would require a court case for both sides to make their arguments to a judge with the judge making the final decision. So the person may decide that they really don't want to fight that battle, even if they have a good chance of winning..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer