Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have given tenants a 30 day eviction on a month to month…

Good morning, I have...

Good morning, I have given tenants a 30 day eviction on a month to month agreement and gave them until November 11, 2017, they want to move out and do the walk thru inspection and provide keys on the 30th, will I be required to reimburse them for the last 11 days in November that we gave them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not in court only to the tenants.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I did have a verbal argument with them because they were complaining that after I trimmed the lawn I didn't brush or hose off the small debris.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/25/2017
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. No, you would not. It would be at their discretion, to leave prior to the 30 days expiring. If they are ready, willing and able to move and want to do so and turn over the keys, they would not be entitled to a refund for the remaining time. They have the option to stay up until the 30 days expire, if they are paid in full and if they want to leave before, that is up to them.

Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Excellent and quick response

Thank you. You should be able to enter a rating above, with the stars.

RealEstateAnswer