Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a real estate question related to Florida Real Estate…

Customer Question
I have a real...

I have a real estate question related to Florida Real Estate law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/24/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Can you please share with me what your question is?

Hello,I am a licensed real estate agent in Florida.I also run an internet marketing company. I've been approached by another Brokerage, other than the one I work for as an agent, who wants to do marketing, as part of my internet company.My question is, is this legal? I know I cannot "work" for two brokerages or get compensated by more than 1 according to florida law, but since my company is a 3rd party I was wondering if that would be legal.In other words, does my internet company have to turn away all real estate clients since I am liscenced?Justin

What would you be doing for them? Are you just posting and advertising the homes and they are paying you for that service or would you be getting commissions ?

I will be placing ads for them in Google, and possibly Facebook, either to get buyers for their listings or to get sellers. So there could be advertising of specific homes, or just broader messages to get people to list them home to sell.. I will not get any commission. I will be paid a fixed fee to manage the advertising each month.

Does the company you work for know about this and have any issue or objection with it?

They are aware and no they dont have a problem with it

Thank you for the reply. From what you have shared and please correct me if I am wrong, you would be doing two different things. The first, is as a licensed realtor, selling homes or finding buyers for homes and getting your standard 3% commission, less any fees which go to the realty company you work for. The other job, is simply posting, listing, marketing, etc, properties, with your company and another company. If you are simply being paid a fee to do this with the other company you have, it should not result in an issue. You have your job as a realtor, buying and selling home and then as a marketer, where realty companies pay you X amount, to list the properties and market them.

Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!