Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can a contractor legally go into a HOAs unit to repair an

Customer Question
emergency like a truss or...
Can a contractor legally go into a HOAs unit to repair an emergency like a truss or bearing wall without permission of the condo’s owner who is stating otherwise? The board has two engineering reports that confirm this . This is in the state of DE.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/24/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley
If the repair that is necessary since it is an emergency which could in essence cause the Integrity of the property to fail, then in my opinion the contractor would be allowed to go into the unit to make those emergency repairs. However, these repairs must truly be be of an emergency nature that could cause the unit to collapse, something of that nature.
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer