Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a contractor legally go into a HOAs unit to repair an…

Customer Question
Can a contractor legally go...
Can a contractor legally go into a HOAs unit to repair an emergency like a truss or bearing wall without permission of the condo’s owner who is stating otherwise? The board has two engineering reports that confirm this . This is in the state of DE.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/24/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley
If the repair that is necessary since it is an emergency which could in essence cause the Integrity of the property to fail, then in my opinion the contractor would be allowed to go into the unit to make those emergency repairs. However, these repairs must truly be be of an emergency nature that could cause the unit to collapse, something of that nature.