Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My HOA IS Threatening to charge me $250 to cut my tard qhen…

Customer Question
My HOA IS Threatening...

My HOA IS Threatening to charge me $250 to cut my tard qhen I have a service that cuts it every other Friday this seems to

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Letter threatning to charge 250 to cut my yard when i have a service who already does it every other friday. Hate being threatened in my own home

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The Hoa has been informed this numerous times but continue to threaten

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter advising that your lawn is being cut every other Friday and that their continued harassment or imposition of a fine would result in a breach of contract. Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. Here’s a website that has a good template (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.