Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

If renters gave notice by 45 days can I request they move

out with notice 3 days...
If renters gave notice by 45 days can I request they move out with notice 3 days early so I can repair damages they made.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Yakima, WA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I have a lease agreement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the right to give 20 days notice on the lease agreement
10/20/2017
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I want to make sure I understand. The lease provides you can give them 20 days notice to end the rental agreement?

the lease was from January 2017 to the end of June and is now month to month
They gave notice in October to move on n November but I would like to send response that I would like them out by November 28th

THank you

That makes it easy...you can do this. You can give them 20 days...or 21...or really any # less than the 45 they gave. So long as you give them notice in writing, you can enforce it

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer
P. Simmons, Lawyer