Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

If renters gave notice by 45 days can I request they move

out with notice 3 days...
If renters gave notice by 45 days can I request they move out with notice 3 days early so I can repair damages they made.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Yakima, WA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I have a lease agreement
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the right to give 20 days notice on the lease agreement
10/20/2017
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I want to make sure I understand. The lease provides you can give them 20 days notice to end the rental agreement?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the lease was from January 2017 to the end of June and is now month to month
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They gave notice in October to move on n November but I would like to send response that I would like them out by November 28th

THank you

That makes it easy...you can do this. You can give them 20 days...or 21...or really any # less than the 45 they gave. So long as you give them notice in writing, you can enforce it

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer
P. Simmons, Lawyer