Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im trying to purchase a modular home. The HUD data plate was…

Customer Question
Im trying to purchase...

Im trying to purchase a modular home. The HUD data plate was missing when FHA appraiser went in. My broker ordered IBTS report ordered and shows title never surrendered amd for some reason at bmv its listed as motor home not modular. Help?!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Tge current owners purchased hone in 2013 and their deed is a 1c warranty deed....

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Paperwork in what regards?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/19/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

OH BMV records title on all modular homes as mobile homes. If they have it recorded incorrectly you need to go to BMV and file for them to correct the title with the BMV and provide proof the home is a modular home and not a motorized home. Only BMV can fix this error.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer