Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

A neighbor filed a complaint against be about easement

Customer Question
access with the homeowners assoc...
a neighbor filed a complaint against be about easement access with the homeowners assoc. in the complaint she proposes a bylaw against intimidation etc. she is implying that i threatened her. is that grounds for slander?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: tx
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. What specifically did she say?

i don't have the document. in general she proposed a bylaw against a neighbor acting hostile toward another. it was a cheap shot. we are both on the HOA board. i feel that she tainted my reputation

Defamation (slander is spoken defamation, libel is written defamation) requires a false statement of material fact communicated to a third party that causes quantifiable economic damages. The content of the communication is important. How was it implied that you were acting hostile towards her?

Tina, Lawyer