Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Live in MOBILE HOME PARK, got a notice today had to move my…

Customer Question
Live in MOBILE HOME PARK...
Live in MOBILE HOME PARK, got a notice today had to move my boat from along side my mobile home the park provdes Storage for boats and recreational vehicle, ask her storage facility told me the rules say i need to move my boat, u going to pay that storage of course she said no.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me what your park rules and regulations state? Was this a rule the entire time that you have been living in the park?

can only park along side the mobile for cleaning and temporary repairs, But now we have no secure area for the boats or recreational vehicle yes that the rule can't park along side mobile home

And they are not making any accommodations for this for you?

can only park along side the mobile for cleaning and temporary repairs, But now we have no secure area for the boats or recreational vehicle yes that the rule can't park along side mobile home no accomodation

What do they want you to do with your boats?

can only park along side the mobile for cleaning and temporary repairs, But now we have no secure area for the boats or recreational vehicle yes that the rule can't park along side mobile home no accommodation
Sent a reply what happening

My apologies it takes me a minute to type a response. One moment please. Thank you for your patience.

In Florida the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes can assist you with this matter at http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/lsc/Mobile%20Homes/LSCMHMobileHomesLaws.html

pls opt out..

I can opt out. Can you tell me what information you are seeking that I did not provide?

do they have the right to do that

If this was always the rule they can enforce that rule. That is why I asked you if that was always part of the rules.

"723.035 Rules and regulations.—

(1) A copy of all rules and regulations shall be posted in the recreation hall, if any, or in some other conspicuous place in the park.

(2) No rule or regulation shall provide for payment of any fee, fine, assessment, or charge, except as otherwise provided in the prospectus or offering circular filed under s. 723.012, if one is required to be provided, and until after the park owner has complied with the procedure set forth in s. 723.037.

History.—s. 1, ch. 84-80." http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0723/0723.html

Was this a rule and/or regulation that you were provided with and that was placed in a conspicuous place?