Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have a homeowners association in our agricultural

Customer Question
We have a homeowners...

We have a homeowners association in our agricultural subdivision, what would happen if I were to send a letter to them stating I am no longer a member of the association?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have never signed by contract with the association?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have up coming hearing for past due road fees , I have had legal advice on the case, they have been threatening me with foreclosure and have placed lien charges and lawyer cost that they never filled. I was ad I have a

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/8/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The letter alone is not effective. This relief needs to be negotiated or directed by court order for cause. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”