Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need to file a claim for excess funds. I am not a Texas…

Customer Question
I need to file...

I need to file a claim for excess funds. I am not a Texas resident. How do I find a qualified lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm rapidly approaching the 2 year limitation. The property sold was mineral/oil rights.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There are many qualified lawyers throughout Texas who handle these excess fund claims. You would need a consumer protection attorney or a general civil litigation attorney to file your claim first to the party holding the funds and then filing suit in court to recover excess funds if they deny you.

You can get a consumer law attorney or general civil attorney in your area of Texas (or one of the nearby major cities) at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer