Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My parents bought a property that’s a flag lot and has a…

Customer Question
My parents bought a...

My parents bought a property that’s a flag lot and has a smaller parcels attached to it with an easement agreement to the neighbors in front of them , the easement was issued from the original owner of the property, neighbors wants to sale the house and they are also trying to sale the easement rights and we are interested to buy their house also,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

How should I proceed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We’re are planing to develop the flag lot maybe in 10-15 years from now and the smaller parcel with easement right it’s not intended to build anything it’s for for street improvement and acces to the mami street

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What is your legal question please? Also what state is this in?

They’re trying to sell the easement rights, is that Leah?How should I proceed in this case?
They’re trying to sell/transfer the easement rights with their property or separate, is that legal? What should I do in this case?

What state is this in please? The party selling has the servient estate (the easement is for the use of the non-selling party)?

It’s in Portland Oregon, i don’t know what type of agreement they have,
I’m trying to get a copy of the agreement
See the attached easement agreement below,

The property that has the easement land on it is the servient estate; the property that has the right to use the easement is the dominant estate.

A permanent easement means that the servient estate will always have the easement and the owner of the dominant estate will have the right to use that easement in accordance with the terms of the agreement.

An easement may be sold, but if the easement is recorded, then the new owner would be obligated under the terms of the agreement.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator