Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Arppox. 30 years ago, a bridge, #1257 was condemed,closded…

Customer Question
Arppox. 30 years ago...

Arppox. 30 years ago, a bridge , #1257 was condemed,closded to public travel. Due to a substantial cost to the township for removal and or replacement I agreed to take responsibility for the bridge. now 30 years later the township, discvovering that it was one in four in the world confiscated it and moved it to a park. this closed one access to my property and one of my fears is that the havent maintained the road in from the north and I could be landlocked even though I use the road periodically as well as relatives for seasonal outdoor activities. However I no longer reside in minnesota and found out about all this to late as no one notified me. They have made a mess out of the site left abutement, pilings, no cleanup or restoration was done. Must be some recourse, what do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Paperwork?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, at a loss really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Was the bridge on your property? Did they leave the mess on your property?

Tina, Lawyer