Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a writ of evi. Be fought. Texas. No not yet

Customer Question
Can a writ of...

Can a writ of evi

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Be fought

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

The answer to your question is yes. There are a number of grounds upon which you could fight the writ of eviction. For example, if the landlord accepted payment then they waive their right to continue to evict to you. On the other hand, if the landlord harassed or discriminated against you in any way, you can use that to fight the writ. Furthermore, if the landlord failed to properly serve you or provide you appropriate notice of the original eviction, then you could also fight it on those grounds. Furthermore, if the landlord is violating the terms of your lease or agreement, then you can fight the writ. However, if the writ has already been issued because a judgment has been rendered, then the only other way that you can fight it is if you file an appeal within the timeframe or request that the judge set aside the judgement (if it was in default).

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer