Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a condo with a sunroom. From the sunroom I have a view…

Customer Question
I own a condo...

I own a condo with a sunroom. From the sunroom I have a view of a neighbor's pond. Between the condo property and the neighbor's property there is a fence On the neighbor's side of the fence, on his property, there are weeds that have become 4 ft. "trees", thus making for a very unsightly view of his pond and the ducks and geese that often make his pond a "home" for the ducks and geese. I called the neighbor to ask if he could trim his fence line. He suggested that I ask the folks who mow the condo property to remove these unsightly plants. I told him that the condo mowers would not do that. I told him that the plants are on his property. He said he didn't have time to deal with it. Do I have any legal recourse to get him to take care of his lawn? Would the local police deal with this nuisance?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, just my phone call asking him to trim his fence line.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think you have all the facts.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If this is on his property, he has a right to keep it, as it is. If he is telling you he does not have the time to deal with it and you want to have the view, you can suggest to him that you will hire and pay for a gardener, to cut this back and trim it. The police will not get involved but you can call the city/county, to see if it would amount to any violated.

If your charge is $47 for a very simple question then I withdraw the question. In the past questions like this were customarily $18 or less.

Customer service can help and answer any questions which you may have, about price. Please contact them. I am happy to provide any additional information about your question but do not have access to cost.

Tina, Lawyer