Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I purchased a title in a foreclosure sale and need to

Customer Question
I purchased a title...

I purchased a title in a foreclosure sale and need to understand if I am responsible for condo fees if the condo board denied me access

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Lots of paperwork - the unit was foreclosed upon after we purchased it by HUD. We did not know HUD was involved

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

COndo has been resold to another person

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

From point of purchase you would generally be responsible. however, if the board is denying use and access you have a defense to payment and that is your leverage. They cannot have it both ways, and have to allow access to get the fees.

Tina, Lawyer