Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im trying to get the house im living in transferred, its…

Customer Question
Im trying to get...

Im trying to get the house im living in transferred, its currently in my grandmothers name and we are not sure how to go about this process. The house was my great grandmother's house and it went to my grandmother when she died. The house is paid for and is considered a homestead currently and my grandmother is still living but wants to transfer ownership to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Nothing yet and im new to this process

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i believe thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If the house is in grandmother's name now, then all you need to do is have a local real estate attorney prepare a deed from her as the grantor over to you as the grantee. She signs in front of a notary, you then record the deed at the land records office, and the transfer is complete..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much