Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a real estate related question. Missouri. House has…

Customer Question
I have a real...

I have a real estate related question.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

House has been sold. Buyer is coming back to me as the seller and asking for money for repairs.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did you disclose all known problems with the property?

.

Did you sell the property "AS IS"?

.

Is there anything in the contract about you paying for repairs?

.

.

thanks

I disclosed basement as moisture in periods of heavy rain. We had record rainfall after closing. Buyer chose As is with only a termite inspection. They are requesting $600. I am afraid costing more ro prove i am correct in court.

Ok, if you disclosed everything and sold "As Is" then the buyer's failure to inspect for any defects is their problem now. You aren't liable for any repairs or damages as long as you disclosed what you knew..

.

So you can simply tell the buyer "no", you aren't paying them anything..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much