Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If I buy land from an individual on time payments do I

Customer Question
If I buy land...

If I buy land from an individual on time payments do I receive a deed on the property ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not sure,hasn't been by me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The sale in questions an online land USA seller.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

This depends on the specific contract... In some seller financed transactions, the deed goes into the buyer's name and the seller just acts like the bank to finance it. In some contract for deed transactions, the deed remains in the seller's name until the final payment is received and then the seller transfers the deed to the buyer..

.

So you need to review the contract to see who gets title to the property..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much