Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
Can a landlord abanond a tenet in a forclosure? All I know I
KLAW
KLAW, Juris Doctorate
all I know I saw her late feb 2018 the home went up for auction in March 15th 2018 ... and we never saw or heard from her again till late April … read more
We had a property in Arizona that was foreclosed on that had
Barrister, Lawyer
We had a property in Arizona that was foreclosed on that had a 2nd mortgage (or Heloc/ballon loan). We now live in Colorado. Can the 2nd mortgage company sue us and garnish our wages without notice?… read more
We have a crushed sewer line in the back yard. The city has
LawTalk, Attorney
We have a crushed sewer line in the back yard. The city has said fix it or we will turn the water off. If we let them turn the water off and then move out and file bankruptcy and include the house in … read more
I live in California. My house was foreclosed on in 2011. I
LawTalk, Attorney
I live in California. My house was foreclosed on in 2011. I kept paying on my HELOC that we used to put in a pool because I was trying to redo my first mortgage. It is still current because I thought … read more
Question regarding house in foreclosure The Sheriffs sale
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
Question regarding house in foreclosure The Sheriffs sale for my house is taking place in a few weeks. I have completed Chap 7 so no worries. I have been selling some items from the house as I am stra… read more
I am current on my first mortgage. The bank that holds my
Barrister, Lawyer
I am current on my first mortgage. The bank that holds my 2nd (HELOC) charged it off in June 2011. Including this 2nd lien, the house now has about $35K in equity. I haven't heard anything from the ba… read more
We are doing a construction of secondary unit in San Francisco
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
We are doing a construction of secondary unit in San Francisco - it is lower (garage) level - all legally. We have tenants living on the main level of the house. We informed them that we would be doin… read more
Hello, I own a house in Illinois that is upside down/underwater
socrateaser, real estate lawyer
Hello, I own a house in Illinois that is upside down/underwater and while in the 2nd year of my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy (10/2012)i ended up leaving/abandoning the house (having not made a mortgage or pr… read more
The house will require thousands of dollars to make it livable.
Richard, Owner
The house will require thousands of dollars to make it livable. If I move back in and fix it up can they decide to sell it again and kick me out? If so how would they do that. It seems like the Sherif… read more
2 years ago my ex husband and I were unable to make our mortage
Richard, Owner
2 years ago my ex husband and I were unable to make our mortage on our house in Kirkland Washington. We have 2 mortages on the home and have had 2 short sale offers rejected by the 2nd mortage (Chase)… read more
HAMILTON COUNTY CINCINNATI, OHIO FEMALE AGE 63 INCOME 12,000/ANNUM
Law Educator, Esq., real estate lawyer
HAMILTON COUNTY CINCINNATI, OHIO FEMALE AGE 63 INCOME 12,000/ANNUM SOCIAL SECURITY FEBRUARY 2008…..my bank started foreclosure on my home MARCH 2008…..I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy including my home an… read more
I purchased a home in 2005 with an 80/20 loan. A few months
Richard, Owner
I purchased a home in 2005 with an 80/20 loan. A few months after I moved in I refinanced the second loan for about $10,000.00 more than the original amount and used the money to pay off credit cards … read more
Several questions. First, we are working with our Mortgage
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Principal Attorney
Several questions. First, we are working with our Mortgage Lender for a loan modification. It has been since March, after providing them with mounds of paperwork, I continually contact them trying to … read more
We have a HELOC 2nd Mtge (purchase loan)with Wells Fargo and
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Principal Attorney
We have a HELOC 2nd Mtge (purchase loan)with Wells Fargo and have been trying since Aug/09 to get a modification. Did not pay from Aug-Jan then WF called to say we need to make payment asap to avoid 1… read more
I received a mortgage 8 years ago and purchased a home I was
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
I received a mortgage 8 years ago and purchased a home I was told I could afford. The loan I received was based not on my employment income alone. It was based on child support as well as SSI. This am… read more
Im contemplating walking away from my home in NJ. It is 100%
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I'm contemplating walking away from my home in NJ. It is 100% financed 80% 1st mtg. and 20% with a heloc. My question is - if I walk away will I be responsible for the heloc?… read more
In 1976, my father and I built this house. I he used $6000.00
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
In 1976, my father and I built this house. I he used $6000.00 of my money to start it. He put the house in his name at the time. In 2005, he remarried and gave the house back to me. I have paid the ta… read more
My girl friend and I purchased a house together in 1989 as ...
Real Estate Expert
Real Estate Expert, Juris Doctor
My girl friend and I purchased a house together in 1989 as co -owners. She decided to end our relationship on April 2008 and moved out into her own apartment. I have been saddled with the entire morga… read more