Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
I bought a new house 5 months ago and now have major water
Barrister, Lawyer
I bought a new house 5 months ago and now have major water damage and the roof is leaking. In the paperwork it stated the was no leakage although its obvious there was. Should I have to be responsible… read more
I purchased a home in a small town on the Oregon Coast back
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
I purchased a home in a small town on the Oregon Coast back in May of last year. I had a home inspection done, and there were problems found that I considered very important, like a lake of water unde… read more
I just bought a property in DC less than 20 days ago. I had
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
I just bought a property in Washington DC less than 20 days ago. I had it inspected and I have insurance on it. The other day we discovered water stored in the roof and rotten wood in the roof. Have t… read more
I purchased a home mid July 2016. The night that the house
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I purchased a home mid July 2016. The night that the house closed a water leak occurred. Since then multiple water issues have developed resulting in sewage water back-up causing damage to bathroom wa… read more
I bought into a 4-5 story condo unit a year ago. They
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
I bought into a 4-5 story condo unit a year ago. They replaced one half of the roof 1 summer ago and will replace the other half next summer. We just had a huge rainfall a few days ago and I dumped 4+… read more
I just purchased my home in 11/2015. The seller was
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
Hi, I just purchased my home in 11/2015. The seller was EXTREMELY reluctant to provide any information regarding the state of the property when I asked what he meant by "as is". I asked him directly a… read more
We bought our home under 90 days ago. About 3 weeks after moving
P. Simmons, Lawyer
We bought our home under 90 days ago. About 3 weeks after moving in I noticed that my entire upstairs in leaning and crooked. My contractor looked at it and noticed that the ceiling in my dining room … read more
I bought a house 13 months ago. Last June we started seeing
Ellen, Attorney
I bought a house 13 months ago. Last June we started seeing a lot of water coming into the basement and in through the walls in the Kitchen the two from bedrooms and the bathroom. The roof on the hous… read more
What is a Realtors responsibility in a non-disclosure issue
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
What is a Realtor's responsibility in a non-disclosure issue that was discovered after the house was purchased? I purchased the home and all inspections where done by an 3rd party inspection. All seem… read more
We closed on property Nov. 16 2010. Two weeks later found hole
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
We closed on property Nov. 16 2010. Two weeks later found hole in roof. Soft spot that proved to be extensive damage. Inspector missed it. We seem to have no recourse from prior owner, broker, or Insp… read more
Hi, from Morgantown, WV one more time ) a question, this time
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Hi, from Morgantown, WV one more time :) a question, this time about the seller's disclosure. For the second time I missed an opportunity to buy a house due to a strange practice here. Sellers do not … read more
Hello, my name is Denis and I bought a house 1 month ago in
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I bought a house 1 month ago in PA and waived the inspection. After getting into the house I found out that there was undisclosed water damage, also there was mold in the… read more
i bought a house in owensboro ky in2008. on the disclosure
Ellen, Attorney
i bought a house in owensboro ky in2008. on the disclosure form the owner stated that the roof was new. we had the home inspected and he said nothing about the roof there ws ceiling damaged in the din… read more
I bought a home 5 years ago as is after buying this home i
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I bought a home 5 years ago as is after buying this home i sidcovered that I had 4 differant sewer lines on my property1 When i asked the city about them i was told that the original owner had agreed … read more
I bought a house not quite two years ago...on the MLS sheet
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I bought a house not quite two years ago...on the MLS sheet it had Fairly New Roof, on the Flyer that I got it said roof and siding only 5 years old...on the disclosure sheet which i did not really lo… read more
I just purchased a home, within 36 hours of closing we had
AlanM
AlanM, Law Degree
I just purchased a home, within 36 hours of closing we had heavy rains and found that the basement leaked in several spots. It was disclosed that they at one time had a leak in the front but "thought"… read more
We are currently in the process of selling our home and had ...
ctlawyer
ctlawyer, Attorney at Law
We are currently in the process of selling our home and had a inspection done which found a considerable amount of mold in the basement which was caused by water damage. We are in the process of havin… read more
hi i live in lake placid florida the house was appraised at ...
Roger, Litigation Attorney
hi i live in lake placid florida the house was appraised at about 800,000 we had the house inspected and the inspector found that the roof appeared to be solid with no evidence of leaks. The problem i… read more