Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I lost several roof shingles during Hurricane Irma.

Customer Question
I lost several roof...

I lost several roof shingles during Hurricane Irma. Inspection of the lost shingles disclosed some nails were not applied in the proper place and all shingles were nailed with only 4 nails, not the required 6 nails. My roof is 11 years old. Do I have any recourse against the original installers?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Thank you any advice you can give me. Roger Dupont

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A claim has been filed with my insurance company, nothing against the installer. I tried phoning them several days ago but their voicemail box was full and I couldn't leave a message.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this something I should pursue? Because of the poor installation I am thinking of replacing my entire roof at a cost of $10750. To repair one side of the roof is $5200.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

this depends...which state are you in?