Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have been using a spring water line over a neighbor's

Customer Question
property for about 40 years...
I have been using a spring water line over a neighbor's property for about 40 years. This spring they asked me to move the line about )30 feet . They are now telling me that they will dictate where and and what look the air vent will be on paper since I now cannot get water reliably, its a siphon line. These people have only owned the property for the last 8or9 years . Can they do this ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

No, they cannot do this.

You need to go to Court to enforce the easement. You need to file lawsuit against them at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,