Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I received an eviction letter today from the law firm

Customer Question
I received an eviction...

I received an eviction letter today from the law firm representing

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

I received an eviction letter today from the law firm representing the bank on my home. I have been fighting these guys since 2009 for Mortgage fraud consisting of predatory lending, robo-signing, show my the note, etc. I need an attorney in the Atlanta area that can represent me that is well versed in mortgage fraud from the banks and is successful in these cases.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not with the courts on my side

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to keep my home and failure is not an option.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
I am sorry you have had such a negative homeowner experience in terms of lenders.The State Bar association would most likely have a lawyer referral service that would recommend the proper attorney in the Atlanta area.Another thing you may want to consider is filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and putting the arrearage in the bankruptcy plan. This will immediately start foreclosure proceedings and also make you automatically eligible for a loan modification based on economic hardship.With respect to the mortgage fraud, that would of course be a separate civil suit, that could take months or years to resolve and in the meantime the foreclosure proceedings would still continue.
I hope this effectively answers your questions and if I were licensed to practice in Atlanta of course we could have discussed representation. I hope you found this advice helpful and if so please reward me with a positive rating.
I filed chapter 7 in 2009. How can foreclosure take place, when they say the property was sold back to the bank on 8/1/2017, hence the eviction letter I received today. I paid someone to have that sale reversed, but they obviously did not do that since I received the eviction letter today.
Mortgage debt would not be discharged in bankruptcy. So under chapter 7, you would have had to elect to reaffirm the debt in order to keep the property. If you have an eviction letter,then the foreclosure & possible sale happened already. The only way to contest that is to claim the property owner's rights to the property are void based on fraud.
I hope I provided a satisfactory response to you? If so please reward me with a positive rating so that I may get credit for this response.
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer