Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I been fined from my hoa about parking on the wrong spot…

Customer Question
I been fined from...

I been fined from my hoa about parking on the wrong spot like guests parking

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I had a hearing and I went there talk to the board members

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know is the amount reasonable $1000

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley

is that what the BOA by laws call for?

1000 seems a little bit much

Don't know, but when we had the hearing we talked and in the end they asked me are you going to park again on the wrong spot I said no I won't
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

did you get anything in writing yet

The hearing response which they fined me!
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

can you send a copy so I can see it?

Here it is a screenshot
We have a very bad attitude manager on site which I did not have a good conversation with
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

and that is the Nicole who signed the letter?

Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

you can try to go around her by going to the board of the HOA directly

maybe reach out the one who you may know or the president if you do not know any of them

the statute cite is correct, they can go up to that amount, it can be lower

I have had clients who have bypassed manger and gone direct to the board with success

otherwise you would have to file a lawsuit arguing that the punishment does not fit the crime

This to me looks personal or discrimination more than anything else because I just talked to one of the boards (home owner) which I met at the hearing and she said that the fine will apply if they catch you after hearing she didn't believe that but I gave her the paper
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

you are probably right but that would be hard to prove

I am glad that you reached out to her and showed her the letter, they can change that fine on your account as Diane works for them and not the other way around

Please give me some directions and details how to deal with this by law
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago

with all of the research I have done, it states that the fine is up to $1000 so it can be set much less

you need to get the board member to put in writing that the fine was going to be assessed if another violation occurred, that is important.

you need to put everything in writing to the board along with a copy of the letter you received asking for a reconsideration of the fine

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley