Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I’m bracing my contract from business since they never fix…

Customer Question
I’m bracing my contract from...
I’m bracing my contract from business since they never fix the right square foot hand over charge me 180sf for more than 13 years, my question is: can they get money from my SBA account, is not under my name, is under my sisters name but is Name of the business
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Can you explain to me who "they" are and what is happening?

My landlord
My business account is under my sisters name, I don’t want her in problems and I still have money on the account

Is the business the named tenant?

No
High tech auto is the dba business name

As a general rule if there is the potential of a lawsuit and a person transfers assets into another account it may be considered a fraudulent transfer to avoid paying out on the lawsuit. If this account has nothing to do with a potential lawsuit it may not be accessible.

Is the landlord the landlord for the business?

You still don’t understand
My DBA BUSINESS ACCOUNT IS BEING UNDER MY SISTER SONCE LONG TIME AGO.
If I don’t understand please explain to me so I can understand.