Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I recently move to an apartment and had a gas leak I didn't…

Customer Question
I recently move to...

I recently move to an apartment and had a gas leak I didn't know what was happening until my family came over to visit and I call fire department and con edison I went to the ER with my daughter and mom because weren't feeling good I wasn't able to cook in the apartment for 3 weeks now he wants me to pay the rent on time leaving me a 3 day notice to pay or quit after he took his sweet time fixing the gas leak putting my daughter and I in risk. I need to your help now

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

In Westchester,NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I live in White Plains,NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Report it?what do you mean?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The premises were not habitable for an extended period. You should not pay rent for that period for that reason. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. if Needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I replied earlier. Did you get it?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!