Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have 2 separate deeds that we want under one to help save…

Customer Question
We have 2 separate...

We have 2 separate deeds that we want under one to help save on property taxes. how can we do this and what would the cost be

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Real Estate Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Who would you recommend in Morgantown, wv

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Its for my daughter. before my dad and mom passed away they gave her some property but they are separate deeds. that is as far as it has gotten. we need help. they are on file at the courthouse. she was married a couple times so the last names are ***** ***** both deeds but all the property is connected

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's all as far as I know. the only other thing is I am paying on the house my mom lived in. My brother who is handicapped lives there now but it's in my name as I have living rights there which I don't plan on. I wanted this also to go to my daughter it's on the same property. do I have to put that in my will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WV.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you saying that you have two connected properties that you want to merge into one larger property?

.

Is there any reduction in taxes on one large plot vs. two smaller ones?

.

If you have a life estate on the property that brother is living in, who gets the property when you pass?

.

.

thanks