Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My HOA has a board member that has a concern about a tree in…

Customer Question
My HOA has a...

My HOA has a board member that has a concern about a tree in her back yard from a conservation. She is demanding the HOA to pay. How do we determine who should pay for it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

It was discussed at a board meeting and it was agreed to have the tree company come and look but did not determine who would pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This was a result from the hurricane

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Are you still helping me?

Yes I am. Just one moment while I review your situation...