Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have rental property that is in default because I could no…

Customer Question
I have rental property...

I have rental property that is in default because I could no longer pay the mortgage and the needed repairs and taxes along with the cost at the home in which I lived. I paid for an empty home for four years and then I had to stop. RCS Recovery LLC wants to sue us.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Detroit Mi 48221

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have received paperwork from them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband and I are retired and I am 69 and he is 70

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Was the original mortgage foreclosed? Does this company have anything to show that they purchased the debt from the original mortgage company?

Did you still need help with this?

Tina, Lawyer