Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What caused many people to lose their jobs in Flint

Customer Question
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

There were several causes here, the shutdown of General Motors and then the water supply issues has also continued to impact them and not in a good way.

GM article

https://jalopnik.com/what-general-motors-did-to-flint-1794493131

To summarize

1.Here many jobs have been shipped overseas, and the Great Recession followed by a slow economic recovery. Recession of the 1980s, along with high gas prices, that slowed sales for US automakers.

2.Overall Flint has lost 15% of its working population in the last 15 years.

3. The once huge auto industry with General Motors plant shrank as the entire car industry had problems which needed less workers. GM's employment began to drop by 1988, with plant closures throughout the 1990s and 2000s..

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.