Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My nephew is the beneficiary of the estate left to him by my…

Customer Question
My nephew is the beneficiary...
My nephew is the beneficiary of the estate left to him by my sister. She did not have a will however he became the beneficiary per New York State inheritance law. His name is ***** ***** the deed. The house is encumbered with a couple liens from past due loans. It is also facing property tax foreclosure in a couple of weeks. He cannot maintain the home and I am trying to prevent the foreclosure. Can he sell the house to my company? Only my deceased sister's name is ***** ***** deed.If so do we need an attorney or can he simply Quit Claim the property to my business?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Has he actually filed a formal probate case to settle sister's estate?

.

.

thanks